What is the synonym of reproduce?
What does it mean to reproduce with someone?
a : to produce (new individuals of the same kind) by a sexual or asexual process.
What does it mean to reproduce in science?
In a general sense reproduction is one of the most important concepts in biology: it means making a copy, a likeness, and thereby providing for the continued existence of species.
What is the noun for reproduce?
reproduction. The act of reproducing new individuals biologically. The act of making copies. A copy of something, as in a piece of art; a duplicate.
What is the prefix word of reproduce?
Parents and copy machines both reproduce. To produce is "to make something," and re means “again,” so reproduce literally means to “produce again.” When animals and plants make more of their own kind, they reproduce.
How do you use the word reproduce in a sentence?
(1) These plants can reproduce sexually and asexually. (2) I shall not try to reproduce the policemen's English. (3) The turtles return to the coast to reproduce. (4) This copier can reproduce colour photographs.Mar 8, 2017
Why do we need to reproduce?
Reproduction is important for the survival of all living things. Without a mechanism for reproduction, life would come to an end. ... Asexual reproduction refers to simple cell division that produces an exact duplicate of an organism.
What is an example of reproduce?
Reproduce is defined as to make again, recreate or give birth to. An example of reproduce is making a copy of a recipe from a cookbook. An example of reproduce is figuring out the ingredients of your favorite salsa and making it at home. An example of reproduce is having a baby.
Do humans reproduce?
Human reproduction is essential for the continuance of the human species. Humans reproduce sexually by the uniting of the female and male sex cells. ... It is a characteristic of all living things on Earth that they reproduce or produce offspring, and humans are no different.
What is mean by reproduction answer?
Reproduction means to reproduce. It is a biological process by which an organism reproduces an offspring who is biologically similar to the organism. Reproduction enables and ensures the continuity of species, generation after generation. It is the main feature of life on earth.
What is the ability to reproduce?
Reproduction refers to the production of offspring by organized bodies. The offspring is produced as a new individual organism from the parent(s). It is one of the fundamental attributes of a living thing. Reproduction is a demonstration of the ability of an organism to produce a new organism referred to as offspring.Aug 17, 2021
What is the adjective of reproduction?
concerned with or pertaining to reproduction: a reproductive process; reproductive organs. ...
Can you use reproduce in a sentence?
- Examples of Reproduce in a sentence In architecture class, our assignment was to reproduce a replica of the Eiffel Tower. 🔊 We needed to reproduce enough copies of the memo for the entire company. 🔊 The couple looked into a fertility specialist who could help them reproduce. 🔊
What do cells need to reproduce?
- Cells reproduce due to various reasons and some of them are to help repair damage cells and promote continuous growth to the body. There are two types of cell reproduction and these are done by mitosis and meiosis. Body cells also referred to as ‘somantic, cells, and they are the most common cells in our body.
What is unable to reproduce?
- Infertility is the inability of a person, animal or plant to reproduce by natural means. It is usually not the natural state of a healthy adult, except notably among certain eusocial species (mostly haplodiploid insects).
What reproduces using spores?
- Organisms use spores as a means of asexual reproduction. Spores are also formed in bacteria, however, bacterial spores are not typically involved in reproduction. These spores are dormant and serve a protective role by safeguarding bacteria from extreme environmental conditions.