What can cause mild cerebral volume loss?
What does mild cerebral atrophy mean?
- Mild diffuse cerebral atrophy is a symptomatic brain condition generally involving the loss, or deterioration of, neurons and the connections between them, usually indicating the presence of other brain diseases.
What is "mild diffuse cerebral atrophy"?
- normal aging
- drugs alcoholic cerebellar degeneration phenytoin cerebellar degeneration
- multiple system atrophy 4 olivopontocerebellar atrophy 6
- hereditary cerebellar ataxias spinocerebellar ataxia Friedreich ataxia ataxia-telangiectasia
- chronic temporal lobe epilepsy (independently from phenytoin use) 7
What is cerebral atrophy?
- Cerebral atrophy refers to the progressive loss of brain cells over time. Atrophy refers to a decreased size or wasting away of any part of the body. Cerebral atrophy can happen in either the entire brain or in just one part of the brain and can lead to decreased brain mass and loss of neurological function.
Share this Post: