How to ease nausea during pregnancy?
What are home remedies for nausea during pregnancy?
- Pop a fennel lozenge if you start feeling nauseous while sitting in a car.
- Fennel can also be used as an essential oil amongst other essential oils for nausea.
- Soak a corner of your handkerchief with a few drops of fennel oil and inhale the aroma to get rid of nausea.
What is the best nausea medicine for pregnancy?
- Vitamin B6 often helps moms-to-be with mild to moderate nausea – the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) considers it a first-line treatment for morning sickness. Antihistamines such as doxylamine are also used to treat nausea and vomiting during pregnancy.
What medications are safe for nausea during pregnancy?
- Drugs commonly used to treat nausea during pregnancy include the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) category B drugs metoclopramide (Reglan), ondansetron (Zofran), and the FDA category C drug promethazine (Phenergan). A recent survey found that the nausea medications most commonly prescribed by obstetricians are ondansetron and promethazine.
Share this Post: