How do you determine the moment of inertia?
How is it possible to calculate the moment of inertia?
- Measure the distance r from any particle in the object to the axis of symmetry
- Square that distance
- Multiply that squared distance times the mass of the particle
- Repeat for every particle in the object
- Add all of these values up
How to figure the moment of inertia?
- Identify the x-axis and y-axis of the complex figure. If not given, create your axes by drawing the x-axis and y-axis on the boundaries of the figure. Identify and divide the complex shape into basic shapes for easier computation of moment of inertia. ... Solve for the area and centroid of each basic shape by creating a tabular form of the solution. ... More items...
How can I find the moment of inertia?
- The beam sections should be segmented into parts The I beam section should be divided into smaller sections. ...
- Mark the neutral axis The neutral axis is the horizontal line passing through the centre of mass. ...
- Calculating the Moment of Inertia
Share this Post: